Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #13: Inspiration Challenge!

This week we were challenged to create something based on a winter scene by Laura Amiss. I was inspired by the clouds and the rain that was falling from them. The art looks like it was made out of fabric and has a lot of texture with stitching.  I "stitched" my clouds with markers and chose paper that reminded me of fabric prints.  The clouds are from Going Places cartridge while the rain drops are from Pooh and Friends.  "Rain Rain Go Away" phrase is from Nursery Rhymes cartridge and is coated with glossy accents.  The raindrops on the phrase are stickled.  I made a journal card with an umbrella on in from A Child's Year.  I like to use the card feature to make spaces for journaling.  This little girl is actually a picture of me.