Monday, May 30, 2011

Flip Flop Mini Album

This mini was made to display some beach photos with my family along the California coast.  The project was inspired by Imaginisce paper that I bought for the June Cricut Magazine Challenge.  I had this idea to mount the book on a real flip-flop and repeat the flip-flop image on the A Shore Thing Imaginisce line.  My local store did not carry the complete line so I added some beachy Splash Dance paper form Imaginisce.  So with my new paper and $1.50 invested children's flip-flops, I was off to create my project.  With my trusty Gypsy, a shape was welded to match the flip-flop.  This shape matched the shoe but I liked the stylized shape of the sandal on the Life is a Beach cartridge.  I ended up welding the top of the Life is a Beach cartridge to my welded piece.  I cut the store bought flip-flop on a band saw using my cricut cut as a template.  (Shhh, don't tell hubby I am cutting foam shoes on his band saw.) 
Pack Your Bags cut, I-top flower center, I-rock gems

Charms from Life is a Beach, Photo Corners Jasmine

Popsicle Simply Charmed

Sun and stamp frames Pack Your Bags, flip-flops and penguin cut from A Shore Thing Imaginisce paper

otter Everyday Paper dolls, photo corners Jasmine

For the Cricut Magazine Challenge it was requested that you incorporate 3 Imaginisce products.  I used the following paper:  A Shore Thing - Sun-ripe Stripe and Cool Pool Chatter, Splash Dance - Polka Dot Bikini and Coral's Reef. 
Project also uses I-Rock tool and gems, and I-Top brad Topper with 22 mm brad.